Deacons are to recognize their roles as ministering servants of the church. They are to be members whose character and qualifications shall be as specified in 1 Timothy 3:8-13, Acts 6:1-6, and Titus 1:6-9.
Responsibility: The board of deacons shall serve under the leadership of the pastor and assist him in performing duties throughout their time of service. The deacons will support and work with the pastor as follows:
1. Lead the church in the achievement of its mission.
2. Spread the gospel to believers and unbelievers.
3. Care for the church's members and others in the community.
4. Have a consistent commitment to stewardship by being an example of tithing to the church.
5. Demonstrate Christ-like consecration, loyalty, prayer support, and faithfulness to Bright Side Baptist Church.
6. Visit the sick, needy and membership of the church.
7. Encourage and strengthen new converts and the spiritually immature.
8. Regularly attend deacons' meetings.
9. Fulfill the responsibilities set forth for the deacons for the year.
10. Be available to work with the staff to further initiatives.
11. Model the behavior of what it means to be a faithful member of Bright Side Baptist Church.
12. Model the behavior of Christ to the world outside of Bright Side Baptist Church – to family, to business, and to community – so that your life draws others towards the church rather than away from it.
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being the very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to His own advantage; rather, He made Himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!