There's much to see here. So, take your time, look around, and learn all there is to know about us.
• Youth Ministry is vital to helping youth integrate into the larger, intergenerational community of the church.
• Youth Ministry resists the status quo and helps the church stay relevant.
• Youth Ministry focuses on inviting those who are not already part of the church to gain a better understanding of God’s plan.
• Youth Ministry reminds the church that youth are not marginalized members of the body, but co-creators in the divine work of the church.
• Youth Ministry helps the church focus on the ways of Jesus, which goes beyond tradition, belief, and work.
• A safe, loving, and wholesome atmosphere for young people
• A program which helps young people become formed in their faith
• A variety of worship experiences that help young people connect with God and one another
• Education in the expression of Christianity
• A means for young people to develop their individual prayer and spiritual life
• Assistance for young people in developing values, ethical norms, and a sense of Christian community
• Interaction with adults who authentically model the Christian faith
• Activities which involve fun and building a sense of worth
As a Christian youth, they will learn to follow Christian teachings. They are taught that everything they do in their life should reflect the goodness of God. They will learn the importance of being positive, smiling, and doing good works.
Our youth ministry leaders are rooted in a biblical foundation in order to ffectively
communicate with young people. In addition, they understand modern influences on Christianity, which allow them to identify with youth and build meaningful relationships with them.
It is important for the truth of the gospel to be passed down from generation to
generation in order to grow the body of Christ. Ultimately, helping youth to grow
spiritually in their formative years will equip them to make an impact for Christ
both now and in the future.
Fish Fries, Hershey Bears Games, Lancaster Barnstormers Games, Crafting, Easter Egg Hunts, Educational Trips, Car Washes, Chicken Barbecues, Dorney Park, Picnics, Sleepovers, Trunk or Treat, Christmas Parties, Bible Study and MORE...
Youth Ministry meets at Bright Side Baptist Church
every Wednesday at 6:00pm.
Sis. Janet Simms was born in South Carolina. She is the wife of Judge Richard Simms and they have eight children. Janet retired from Kelloggs in 2012 after 35 years of dedicated service. She held several positions within the company including Supervisor, Technical Trainer. Quality Manager, Operations Manager, and Process Improvement Specialist. Janet received her formal education in South Carolina but also attended F&M, HACC and
Janet is a long time member of Bright Side Baptist Church. She is currently the Youth Ministry Center Leader and has operated in that role for about 10 years. She is the Youth Missions coordinator and has taken the group on eight mission trips, one of which was an international trip to Haiti.
Janet and her team takes youth on one educational trip each year, one fun trip, end of year picnic and one sports event.
The youth program is for ages 4 through 18 and meets every Wednesday at 6PM. A variety of activities is offered including basketball instruction, Youth Outreach Ministry. Praise Dance Ministry, GP Girls (Gods Princesses), GP Boys (God Princes), Teen Discussion Group, and arts and crafts for ages 4-6. A full course meal.is served every Wednesday
night at 6:30pm.
Janet loves working with youth. She has 22 grandchildren and 23 great grand children. She enjoys spending time with her family.
Copyright © 2023 Bright Side Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved.